I love this tree! And look how the designer added a second die cut image in black to make it really pop!
Beate Johns is the designer on this card; she makes such beautiful things. And she is so generous with her instructions too! She has a whole tutorial on how to make this card:
1. Cut two trees from card stock; one in black and one in white. TIP: Remember, when cutting intricate dies, add wax paper between the die and the paper. It will make it easier for you to get the paper out of the die.
2. Cut a piece of blue patterned paper and a piece of white card stock with the second largest die from Labels Twenty-Five. Set the white piece aside for now. Then cut a 2″ wide green patterned paper strip from the same label die. The edges of both colored pieces were sanded. The blue paper was trimmed on the sanded line to create a slightly smaller label before the edges were sponged with a light blue ink.
3. Trim the edges of the green layer to about 3/4″ in a wavy line (to suggest an uneven grassy ground for the tree). The cut lines of both pieces were sanded.
4. Layer the two green pieces to create a hilly ground and adhere to the blue piece. Layer these to the white card stock label from step 1. Then stitch the edges of the patterned paper.
5. With a corner rounder, punch two corners of a 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Follow your Heart – Be Happy paper. Next emboss with the Simplicity M-Bossabilities folder. The raised part is sanded until the white core of the patterned paper shows through.
6. Punch a hole on the right side right above the “grass” on the label layers, run the white ribbon through and tie a bow on the front. Use Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ foam squares on the back of the layer and adhere to the center of the embossed patterned paper on the card front.
7. Cut a couple of foam squares in thirds and use the thin pieces on the back of the tree. More white cardstock was cut and embossed with an oval die from Fancy Framed Tag Two. A sentiment for Flourishes Sentimental Favorites was stamped in it’s center with black ink. The tree was adhered to the left of the bow, the sentiment to the left of the tree.
The layers were adhered to the card base, a 3 3/4″ x 11″ piece of white cardstock folded in half. Want2Scrap rhinestones were adhered on the tree, under the sentiment and three black ones on the top right edge to finish off the card.
I hope you try this project. It certainly is lovely! Have a wonderfully creative day!
- Follow your Heart Be Happy 6 x 6 Paper Pad (My Mind’s Eye™ FYH143 $7.46)
- Gnome Sweet Gnome - 6 x 6 Paper Pad (My Mind’s Eye $5.99)
- Sentimental Favorites (Flourishes SS210 $17.99)
- Whimsical Tree Shapeabilities® Die D-Lites™ (Spellbinders™ S2-008 $12.99)
- Labels Twenty-Five Nestabilities® (Spellbinders™ S5-077 $24.99)
- Fancy Framed Tag Two Shapeabilities® (Spellbinders™ S5-128 $24.99)
- Simplicity M-Bossabilities™ folder (Spellbinders™ ES-001 $7.99)
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine (Spellbinders GC-001 $139.99)
- Sleek Strips Silver Rhinestones – Self Adhesive (Want2Scrap #4041 $1.50)
- 72 Count – Black Rhinestones – Self Adhesive (Want2Scrap #2054 $1.50)
- White Sheer Ribbon w/Nylon Edge – (1″x50y May Arts NE01)
- Foam Adhesive Squares - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™