Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, my thoughts have moved on to Christmas. Are you looking to give a unique handcrafted gift this holiday season? I discovered this adorable snowman candle on the My Favorite Things Blog and I knew it would make a nice little gift.
There is something about a handcrafted gift around the holidays that makes me smile.
- Cut a piece of tissue paper slightly smaller than your candle & stamp an image on it.
- Color the stamped image as desired with Copic markers.
- Wrap the tissue paper around the candle.
- Cut a piece of wax paper long enough to wrap it around the candle while still being able to hold on to the ends.
- Wrap the wax paper tightly around the candle and use a heat tool to melt the tissue paper into the candle. Move the heat tool back and forth in a steady motion. As soon as the tissue paper starts to melt into the candle, move on to the next section.
- Repeat this step until all the tissue paper is melted on the surface of the candle.
My hope for you is to be fearless when it comes to your creativity, to try new things and most important to have fun!
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful holiday season.